Monday 16 April 2012

Evaluation. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Technology played an enormous part with the entire project.
When filming my short film I used the Sony DCR-HC46E 'Handycam'. This is a simple but effective camera which offers widescreen video,hi-Fi audio and 12x zoom. I have used this camera in my As coursework and it proved effective then and worked brilliantly now.

To edit my short film, I used the software 'Final cut pro'. 
On the 'Apple IMac '. 


Final cut pro aloud me to Edit efficiently and I was able to try out new things such as key framing. This was a new and interesting technique which I learnt from my tutor. The process is: 
1. Make a text/picture in photoshop.
2. Make first Key frame in canvas window. click on the the diamond icon in Final cut.
3. Use arrow key to forward 5 frames, move shape into correct position.
4. Add key frame.
5. Move forward next 5 frames and then repeat.
This structure allowed me to create the 'Dubstep' writing which appears on the billboards in my film.


I created some of my own sounds and music by using a 'hercules mp3 e2 DJ mixer' and the DJ software'Virtual DJ'

I was able to blend and mix interesting sounds which included the eerie song heard when the Dub Zombies surround the music producer.

YouTube was how managed to upload my videos. And is a good way of seeing how many views you've got.
I used Facebook as another way to get audience feedback a way of sharing my video so others can watch.

To create my poster, I used Photoshop elements. I used an orange filter in the background. The main image of Sam, had to be cut out and put on a separate layer. To create the text I used Picassa which flowed well with the rest of the Photoshop image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment